|Please click here for non-member rental rates!
Please click here for Sailing Club Member rental rates!
Few things compare to the rush of taking the wheel of your sailboat as you traverse the waters of one of the most beautiful lakes in the country. At first glance, it appears you could be cruising off the coast of the Greek Islands, but you are only moments from home, aboard a yacht on Lake Travis.
Texas Sailing is a first class charter service and has been operating on Lake Travis in Austin since 1965. We offer luxurious, late model Beneteau sailing yachts and fun Precision sailboats. We have the boat you’re looking for, whether it is a “starter” boat, a racer, or a cruiser. All our boats are in ship shape condition with sails, lines, fuel, water, and safety equipment on board when you arrive for your sailing fun. We are familiar with our yachts from the top of the mast to the base of the keel and we work to make sure your boat is always in pristine condition so you will have the perfect sail.
All Texas Sailing sailboats have roller furling genoas and motors. Our Beneteau yachts have depth and speed, biminis, reefing main sails, stern rail seats, hot water heaters, propane barbecue pits, CD players, cockpit speakers and tables, marine heads, vhf radios, two enclosed cabins, eating utensils, plates, and cookware. Most of our Beneteau vessels have dockside A/C and heat as well as autopilot.
Lake Travis provides the perfect locale for sailors of all varieties. Navigating the meandering waters of this hill country lake can provide the rush sought by racers, or the quiet retreat valued by cruisers. Winding it’s way through the Texas Hill Country, Lake Travis offers 64 miles of crystal-clear, aquamarine water, with a maximum width of 4 ˝ miles and an average depth of 62 feet. Sailors are within easy reach of marinas, lake side restaurants and cafes, public parks and boat ramps, making Lake Travis a glorious year-round sailing destination.
Large enough to cruise for days on end, Lake Travis offers solitude and quiet for the soul, with the possibility of adventure along the way. The shoreline is comprised of steep, rocky, tree-covered cliffs and grassy valleys inside of which you will find hidden coves with isolated anchorages; a few even have waterfalls. Cruisers can relax and admire the scenery while watching for wildlife both on shore and in the warm, clear water.
If your passion is being on the water, few things compare to sailing Lake Travis. Whether you are celebrating with friends or simply unwinding from the coils of the week, sailing provides the desired escape, and the Texas Sailing staff values our role in making dreams come true on Lake Travis.
--- Contact Us ---
--- Subscribe to our newsletter ---
--- Become a Texas Sailing Facebook Fan ---
--- Sign Our Guest Book ---
Day Charter - 9am to 6pm (9am to 5pm during winter hours)
24hr Charter - 9am to 9 am or 6pm to 6pm (5pm to 5pm during winter hours) the following day. Price is per night. Noon pick-up available for 1/2 of the 24 hour rate. - Linens not provided.
1/2 Days are 9am to 1pm or 2pm to 6pm (1pm to 5pm during winter hours)
** Please note, 1/2 day charters on boats larger than 23’ are available for Texas Sailing Sailing Club Members only, Monday through Friday. See Texas Sailing Sailing Club benefits for details.
Bareboat Charter Policies
1. Advance reservations recommended.
2. Reservations require a 50% deposit by cash, check, Visa or Mastercard.
3. Cancellations within 30 days of holiday related charters and within 10 days of all others will result in forfeiture of deposit. No cancellation fee will be charged if Texas Sailing cancels the charter due to imbedded rain showers, small craft warnings, or limited visibility due to fog. Cancellation by the charterer due to light or scattered showers, light winds, no sun, unsatisfactory temperatures or other reasons not indicated above will result in a cancellation fee.
4. Refundable security deposit required, subject to provisions as outlined in Charter Agreement.
5. Yacht Damage Waiver (YDW) required: $15 per day to 25’, $25 per day 26' and up.
6. Please, No black or hard soled shoes, No hard sided coolers, No red wine, and No pets.
7. See below for terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. Reservation: In making the reservation and paying the required deposit, the “charterer” agrees to the terms and conditions contained herein. Charterer also agrees to read, sign, and comply with the charter contract in use at the time of reserved charter.
2. Delivery: Texas Sailing will deliver the yacht in full commission and ready for service. Should the reserved yacht not be available for service, Texas Sailing reserves the right to substitute a similar yacht of equal or greater length. The charterer must examine the yacht prior to departure to determine that the vessel is in good working order and properly outfitted. Acceptance by the charterer certifies that the duties of Texas Sailing have been fulfilled. If Texas Sailing is unable to deliver the yacht or a substitute at the time of the charter, the charter will be cancelled and the deposit/cost of charter will be refunded.
3. Insurance: The yacht is covered by a standard commercial marine yacht policy insuring against direct physical loss to the vessel (subject to deductibles), and bodily injury and physical damage , subject to certain conditions and limitations. The Yacht Damage Waiver (YDW) protects the charterer and crew for loss and damage to the yacht and equipment less the specified deductible/deposit. However, charter and crew remain responsible for damage due to negligence or willful misuse of the yacht such as sailing outside of defined sailing hours or sailing under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
4. Competency: The charterer certifies the he/she is experienced and competent in handling the operation of a vessel the same type and size as the yacht chartered. Charterer also certifies that they have sufficient knowledge and seamanship, piloting, and rules of the road to charter said vessel.
5. Rates: Rates and information contained herein are subject to change without notice.
6. The Fine Print: Please read the Charter Agreement for the complete Terms and Conditions. The charter will operate under the Terms and Conditions as stated in the signed Charter Agreement.